Okay I have been tagged by Rachel for this meme. I have a few minutes to do this now that things are starting to get back to normal for me. I never realized that there is so much involved in planning and getting family together for a funeral. Very new to me. It was nice to see family so much (every day this past week) but I am ready to get back to my normal life. My house is missing me;)
So here are my answers to the Holiday meme: (drumroll please. hee, hee!)
1.Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? I like them both. Only do the eggnog about once a season though and I like my homemade banana eggnog. Really yummy.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? All presents are wrapped but one big one, whatever requires a lot of assembly is put together ahead of time and set by the tree.
3. Colored lights on Tree/House or white? When I was younger, I always liked the colored lights, white looked boring to me. When I got my own place Everything had to be white with red bows. I agree white lights just look more elegant. Before kids it was all white, once we had kids, we went back to colored lights. Just seems more like a celebration or a party with all the colors. The kids love it.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I just chase my husband and kids around and smootch them all the time anyways :)
5. When do you put your decorations up? I like to start the day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite Holiday dish, excluding dessert? I love the whole Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole. yummy. For our Christmas we don't do a formal dinner, we do an appetizer and dessert buffet. All good stuff, but the dinner is soo much yummier!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Being with my cousins on Christmas Eve. We always had so much fun. Always begged to spend the night at each others houses. Every year and we would be told Santa wouldn't come and we would tell them to just leave a note, Santa would understand.
8. When and How did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember ever really believing in Santa. I can remember as early as 1st grade of knowing my parents bought the gifts, but I played along because I thought it was fun.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, always have had a family party on Christmas Eve so we open gifts from grandparents, aunt and uncles.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Multi-colored lights, peppermint candy garland and all the ornaments are special ornaments. Mine from a baby on up, a set of glass ornaments we were given for our wedding, The kids all get an ornament each year and also ornaments we have been given as gifts. It's fun when we decorate the tree almost every ornament has a special story behind it. My tree skirt is a tradition we started last year that has the kids handprints and the date on it. Each year we will add a new hand print. I love my tree.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love to watch it fall, love how pretty it is when it is fresh. Dread it by mid January.
12. Can you ice skate? Nope only went once when Bill & I went to the Pocono's for our honeymoon. I was horrible. Can't roller skate either.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes I was given it Christmas Eve 1997. My engagement ring from my dear hubby:)
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays to you? Remembering why we celebrate Christmas first of all. Finding new ways to start traditions with my kids that bring Jesus or our love of Christ into the celebration- now that they are getting older and can comprehend more it's getting more fun. Spending time with family and friends very important.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? CHRISTMAS COOKIES!
16. What is your favorite Holiday Tradition? This is one we started this year, but I know it will continue to be my fave. We had a speaker at MOPS talk about doing this and I know another friend who has done it, I thought how cool so we tried it. Kids thought it was the best! The night we put our tree up, instead of watching TV, we set up a slumber party in the living room and turn off the lights we tell the Christmas story and read other bible stories, sing Christmas carols and talk about our favorite things about Christmastime. Then we camp out by the tree all night.
17. What tops your tree? A Gold star
18. Which do you prefer, Giving or receiving? I would much rather give.
19. What is your favorite Holiday song? O Holy night. But I love most of them. I love all these radio stations playing Christmas music.
20. Candy Canes yuck or yum? I think yum, I like them in my chocolate peppermint cookies.