Monday, April 30, 2007
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
- Don't Happen Twice - Kenny Chesney
- Born to Fly - Sara Evans
- Gotta be Something More - Sugarland
- Who Am I - Casting Crowns
- Right Here - Jeremy Camp
- From this Moment - Shania Twain
- Some Days you gotta Dance - Dixie Chicks
I could list on and on. These are some of my favorite artists and I could probably list every Kenny Chesney song as my fave. The first 3 artists are all going to be in concert together this summer. On a Saturday (summer shows are always like on a Thursday and dh can't take off work) at a nearby football field. I was soo excited when I heard, do you think we could get tickets??? Nope. Bill was even willing to spend $150 a piece for them. (we usually won't spend more than $50 a ticket) Hoping somehow before the show we just come on to some. Hey - a girl can wish!
I like lots of different. I could be in a The Cure or Depeche Mode mood( going back to high school) I love music from the 80's and early 90's, I like Rob Thomas, Maroon 5, Gwen Steffanni, oh and her husband Gavin Rossdales group Bush. I like Casting Crowns, Warren Barfield , Jeremy Camp I could go on and on, like I said it all depends on my mood.
The other question she had was do you listen to the music based on the music or the lyrics. I would say if I like the beat then I'll listen closer and see what it has to say.
So what about you? Are you a tried and true rock n' roller? Do you get your groove on to some funky 80's beat? Do Share. I'd love to see what's on your I pod that will never be removed! If you read this I invite you to tell me your 7 favorite songs. If you play along - please let me know!
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Thursday, April 19, 2007
I had a bit of a rough time this past week and have found myself getting frustrated over little things with the kids, so I thought I would make a list to remind me why I am truly grateful to be given the best job ever!
Refresh myself just a bit!
Thirteen Things I love about being a mom.
1. I always wanted to be a mom. Couldn't wait until I had a family of my own!
2. I love how when the kids are not feeling well, only mommy can make them feel better
3. I love when I see those smiles of true happiness over something little I did - like make them their favorite dinner.
4. I love being able to stay home with them and give them that security that I am always here.
5. First smiles, first steps, first words. All major things in the life of a mommy.
6. First day of bringing a new baby home. Especially when I brought Ethan home, I knew my life would be better than ever. (I am tearing up even as I type that!)
7. Starting fun traditions with each child and knowing that something so little can mean the world to them.
8. Knowing that God has trusted me enough to bless me with 4 little angels to take care of for him. That is such a great honor!
9. To watch how Jason has went from being an adorable toddler (I joke that I fell in love with him, before his father;)to a handsome young man. He takes such pride in his sports and school work and it's awesome to see where he is heading.
10. I love to see how Ethan grows each day in his love of art and music, how he enjoys his mom helping at school and teaching in Awana. That he is growing into his own person, but still likes his mommy to be close and involved (yes, I am creating a mommas boy- so hard not to do :p )
11. For my independent little Elena. It is so refreshing to spend time with her. She is such a little grown up and although doesn't go full force into everything, she carefully selects what she does with her time. Her teachers say she is a joy to have in class and she truly is a joy to have in my life! She looks at life in such a sweet and loving way, I have to stop and look through her view sometimes and it makes life so much better!
12. My little Natalie. Even though she is approaching the terrible twos, even when she is being naughty, she is so subtle and sweet. She truly makes me laugh every day. In her expressions, in her tiniest amount of speech (she doesn't really talk) She is my sweetest little baby and most likely my last so she can stay this size forever if she likes!
13. There have been so many babies born lately, I love to remember each of the kids birth stories over and over. Amazing how you can remember every detail of those days. I could tell you everything I ate, what I was wearing, what the weather was like.Every detail. Those days stand still in time in my mind. Wonderful, truly wonderful I hope I never forget them :)
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
The thought that keeps lingering in the back of my mind is that summer is right around the corner! AHHHHH! No, I enjoy having all my kids home and being with them, I just am turning into one of those people that gets a little off when my house constantly looks like a tornado and we are always on the go with no time to stop and clean up, you know? We keep toying with the idea of selling and building a new house and that idea just keeps getting pushed further into the future. I just cannot imagine trying to keep this place show ready with these little maniacs underfoot!
The other thing going on this past few days is a bit strange, Everyone in our house has been having nightmares. We haven't changed the time of day we eat dinner, or had any new foods. Just weird. What else is weird is the story of the week. (Elena usually wants the same story reread a million times) The story this week is the Berenstain Bears and the Bad Dream. Elena has been in our bed due to nightmares, Ethan has been in our bed because of dreams of scary ghosts, Bill woke up having weird dreams and I had a dream the other night that won't leave me alone.
I dreamt that I met a new friend and we really clicked. She offered to watch Elena for me when I had something to do with the baby. Well when Elena came home she had on different clothes and I started questioning her about different things. It turns out this girl, let her boyfriend come over and he molested my baby!!! Oh I woke up almost sick. Where did that dream come from? I ran into her room and just held her. My heart goes out to anyone who ever has had to deal with that. I try so hard to protect my kids. That dream just made me think so much about how easily they can be subjected to hurt. I pray they never will have to endure anything of that nature, but it makes you think about how trusting you can be with your dearest ones. I talk to all of the kids often about what to do or say if someone does anything inappropriate to them. I just hope and pray they never have to use it!!
So here we are in a brand new week. I am not posting my meal plan this week as it has nothing new on it. Just my boring old menu. I am gonna try and check out some of the other meal plans and put together a fairly new menu next week. Well my tornado of a house with all of it's dirty laundry, dusty shelves and smudgy windows is calling me.. Better tend to it!
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Monday, April 09, 2007
SUNDAY: my ss and both sister in laws b-day dinner at Aunt's house.