Tuesday, July 31, 2007
1.Who was your best friend? Heidi, but I had a lot of really good, close friends. I had a good group
2. Did you play any sports? I tried out for softball sophomore year to be with my friends, they made varsity, I made JV- so I quit. I did soccer my junior year for awhile, but had to work so I could buy my first car.
3. What kind of car did you drive? 1984 Dodge Aries
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Freshman & Sophomore years at the Football game, Junior and Senior out with my boyfriend
5. Were you a party animal? There were some crazy nights in high school.
6. Were you considered a flirt? yes, I was a bit boy crazy
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? No.
8. Were you a nerd? In High school I was pretty middle ground, I was friends with a lot of different people.
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? Freshman year I skipped school too much and was late a lot. So I had two back to back in school suspensions. One for absent days and one for tardies :(
10. Can you sing the fight song? Sure Can't
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr,. Opelt He was the health teacher, but also most of my friends homeroom teacher, He was soo cool.
12. What was your school mascot? We were the Blue Streaks, but we had like a polar bear - Streaky Bear I think...
13. Did you go to the Prom? Yes
14. If you could go back, would you? NEVER!
15. What do you remember most about graduation? It was sooo hot and I almost fainted. Long ceremony. Couldn't wait for it to end.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? With my friends, just hanging out
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes I worked at Best Products in the mall. I was a head cashier, and also did returns and order desk.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? cafeteria
19. Have you gained weight since then? 5 lbs and that was since I had baby #3
20. What did you do after graduation? Directly after the ceremony or like my whole life? hee, hee. Went to dinner with my Grandparents and brother
21. What year did you graduate? 1993
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? My HS boyfriend who was 5 yrs older than me. Looking back a 23 yr old at the prom is a little creepy.....
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? I had planned on it, but everyone I know from hs wasn't going and I already know what all my friends are up to still, so no need to spend the evening with people I couldn't wait to get away from, right? Maybe I'll go to like a 25 yr or something, who knows.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Monday: Beef and Broccoli
Tuesday: Fried Chicken - MIL cooking, not sure what else she is planning
Wednesday: Ravioli Bake, salad
Thursday: Sausage, Beef rice and carrots - Ethan's fave meal
Friday: Chicken and Potato bake, mixed veggies
Saturday: Burgers on the grill, pasta salad, veggies and dip
Sunday: BBQ Ribs on the grill, corn on the cob
I have posted links to a couple recipes that are new ones. I pulled them from an older Kraft Food and Family book. Have a great week. Be sure to check out Laura's blog too!
I just had to add this too. I watch movies more than I watch TV. But I have to honestly say, I haven't been affected by a movie, or gotten into one in awhile. This one I couldn't get out of my head after I watched it. Of course losing my mother at a young age, there is a scene where the daughters are asking mommy where daddy is that made me quite emotional... Anyways, Great movie. Kept me interested and wondering how all the pieces fit together. Highly recommend it. Although, I tried to get it at Blockbuster for like 3 weeks now. All 30 copies have been out. I finally got it on Blockbuster Online.
Here is the movie description:
Devastated upon receiving the news that her husband has been killed in a tragic car accident, a woman wakes up to find him still very much alive as she begins to slip into a confusing world where the past and the future become increasingly difficult to distinguish. Linda Hanson (Sandra Bullock) was an average housewife with a loving family, but when a policeman comes knocking on her door with news that her husband, Jim (Julian McMahon), was involved in a fatal car accident, Linda's world slowly begins to unravel. While her grief is at first overwhelming, Linda assumes that the whole thing was nothing more than a vivid dream when she wakes to find her family still very much intact. With each passing day, however, Linda's reality shifts and her circumstances grow increasingly surreal; one day Jim is dead and the next he is right there by her side. As her investigation leaves her convinced that her husband's death wasn't a dream and that her picture-perfect life may not have been quite as flawless as she thought, Linda embarks on a mind-bending journey to prevent her grim premonition from becoming a reality. Now, in order to save the man she loves, Linda will have to piece together a perplexing mystery that seems to span two separate planes of reality. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide
Running Time: 96 mins
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Just recently since my dad has gotten a divorce, he has been coming around him again. He shut him out first, so maybe since progress is being made there, he will come around again. All I can do in the meantime is pray for him and be present as much as possible for the little man.
I was hoping to get him so much more this summer, but as our schedule kept getting ever so busy so was his. His momma just became a momma again and now Jude is a big brother to a beautiful baby sister, Gabriella. She is so sweet. My Natalie loves to love on her! We were able to get him this weekend for a bit and that was great, love every bit that we get to spend with him.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
I was a little surprised to see that KC has considered my blog to be thoughtful and creative and has passed on these awards to me. THANK YOU!
I know I do not have the time to put into my blogs that I would like. There are so many more ways to express yourself that I am just learning. But I don't know what I would do as a mom with young kids without having some kind of creative outlet.
Thanks KC you too were my first RLF that I met in the blogging world and it is so cool that even with our business and we don't see each other but every so often we can still keep up!
My tackle for today is not just one thing, but a list. I usually do all my mopping, dusting, windows things on Monday and yesterday I had a houseful of visitors so my house is actually in worse shape than it should be. Luckily it is starting out a cloudy day - much easier to keep the kiddos inside and easier for me to get some work done.
So for today I have to:
- Do about 6 loads of laundry - wash, fold, put away
- Dust in each of the rooms
- Help the kids clean their bedrooms
- Upstairs bathroom need scrubbed - showers, floors, sinks etc.
- Downstairs bathroom needs scrubbed - showers, floors, sinks, etc.
- Sweep Kitchen and Foyer and mop
- Run Vacuum
- Clean back porch
I usually do a little each day, but the weekend was busy and so was the end of last week, so today is a get it all done day! We'll have to eat dinner out tonight so I don't mess up the house. That would be a great reward for completing my tackle today:)
Friday, July 20, 2007
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, Just two weeks married!
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I freaked out. We weren't planning on having a baby until we were married about a year. I cried forever. My dh was happy though. I didn't want to tell anyone, he wanted to tell the world.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NEVER
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24 When I found out, 25 when I had the baby
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Before the wedding I was having skipped cycles and I scheduled an appt for after the wedding to deal with it. When I came in for my appt I was feeling nausea and achy bbs, so they took a test and it was +! I just stared at them, what???? And then it hit me. I was scared to death! We had just bought our house, hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas, got married on News Years Eve. The dr said all the stress going on in my life did an override on my bcp and Viola! Preggo!
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Bill was at home when I went to my appointment, so after I got myself to stop crying enough to drive home, I told him. He was so awesome about it, he was so excited. Then we told our parents. It was really fun telling everyone else one by one. I loved getting those reactions once the idea settled in.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Nope I wanted to be surprised
9. DUE DATE? September 2, 2000
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? None, this is my nostalgic pregnancy. No morning sickness, felt great mostly had just a little basketball.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Fresh fruit. Watermelon and Cantaloupe
12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I don't know that it was really irritating, but my grandma never had a girl and has pressured me all my life to name a girl Dawn Marie. I wasn't crazy about that name, but when she found out our girl name - Chloe Catherine- she was okay with it since Chloe was her mom's name. But for awhile, she was pretty persistent.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? BOY!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? In the beginning of the pg, I really wanted a girl, then I just felt like it was a boy and I wanted a boy first. Me being the oldest with a younger brother, I would rather have a boy first so he could kind of look after his little sis. So I was happy to have my little man :)
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 50
16. Did YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes 3 of them. one with my side of the family, one with Bills and one at work.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about the family/friend showers, the one at work was a surprise.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? NONE. Great Pregnancy
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? In the hospital in the next town.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Confirmed labor about 6.5 hours. I had horrible back pain for about 24 hours prior to my water breaking and I was checked by my dr and he told me I wasn't in labor to go home.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My husband, Flying down the highway dodging in and out of cars while my contractions were 2 min apart. Oh it was a sight... One I never will forget.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?My husband was next to me. My Dad, Stepmom, mother-in-law and best friend were in the room, but behind a curtain.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I couldn't for most of it because my platelets were low. And I had back labor... Horrible!! But once I got my epidural, it was time to push so it really didn't kick in until right before he was born.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?? 8 lbs and 10 ounces
26. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? None
27. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? September 1, 2000 One day early.
28 WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Ethan and his middle name is a family name.
29. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? He will be Seven here soon. I cannot believe it!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Monday, July 16, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
A-Four Jobs I Have Had in my life
1-Income Tax Preparer
2 Office Admistrator
4-Human Resources Manager
B-Four movies I would watch over & over
1-Pride and Prejudice
2-Where the heart is
3-While you were sleeping
4-Sweet Home Alabama
C-Four place I've lived
3-Bowling Green, Ohio
D-Four TV shows I ike to watch
1-Notes from the Underbelly
2-Men in Trees
3-Stand up comedians on comedy central
4-Flip that house
E- Four places I've been on vacation
1-Gulf Shores, AL
3-Oak Ridge, TN
4-Forest City, NC
F- Web sites I visit daily
1- MSN Groups
2- Friends Blogs
4-Whatever I feel like looking up that day
G- Four of my favorite foods
H- Four places I would rather be right now
1-on vacation just me & Bill
(I only can think of one place right now!)
Well in proper fashion of a tag, I am suppose to tag someone to do this also. I believe most of my bloggy friends have participated, so I'm giving out a general tag - if you read this and want to play along, let me know and I'll visit you to check out your answers.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Thirteen kinds of Ice Cream to Enjoy this summer....
3. Moose Tracks
4. Fried Ice Cream - yummy!
5. Banana Split
6. Cherry Vanilla
7. Butter Pecan
8. Birthday Cake
10. Mint Chocolate Chip
11. Cake Batter
12. Sugar Cookie Dough
I know not a really exciting list, but it is prime ice cream season and we have been gobbling it down by the gallon! Happy Thursday!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Monday, July 02, 2007
The next time I try it, I may use peanut butter ice cream sandwiches. I think that would make it even better! Here is the link for the recipe. http://kraftfoods.com/kf/FoodandFamily/Summer_2007/icecreamcake.htm
If you don't subscribe to Kraft Food and Family magazine, I highly recommend. I get soo many recipe's out of it and its FREE!
So that was my plug, here is my menu!
Monday: Mother in Law Cooking, not sure what is for dinner.
Tuesday: Spaghetti, meatballs, salad, and garlic bread
Wednesday: 4th of July! two cookouts to make rounds to. I am making s'mores bars to share.
Thursday: Meatloaf, buttered egg noodles, mixed vegetables
Friday: Frozen pizzas, salad
Saturday: Hot Dogs and pork and beans.veggies and dip probably some applesauce
Sunday: Steaks, baked potatoes, grilled veggies.
I have to say it is a pretty kid friendly week, hopefully we should have no objections to dinner!
Hope everyone is having a great summer! I cannot believe it is going to be the fourth already! Enjoy your holiday!!
For more menu planning, head over to Laura's blog!