Sunday, January 27, 2008

Some not so depressing thoughts

Here we are getting through what they call the most depressing week of the year. In our house we actually had one of the best weeks. This year having my dh home has been better than any year in the past. We really are enjoying being able to be home together and be with the kids. We were just talking about our childhood today and I honestly don't even remember my parents being around to much when I was playing with my brother or cousins growing up. They never sat down and played games with us or hung out and watched movies or read stories in the middle of the day. The other day I was dealing with a really yucky migraine and Bill and Natalie snuggled up with me and we spent the morning there. Doing nothing but snuggling and watching TV, mostly Dora, but that is what kept her there that long. It was so nice to just be. We didn't have an agenda. The other kids were in school. I am just so thankful for those days to just really enjoy the life that God has provided for us.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

My parents were the same way. Actually, my mom was married (and divorced) three times by the time I was out of high school. She worked and never took time to play games or teach us anything. The wonderful blessing is that we (our generation) have the opportunity to be different with our children. It is cause to reflect on the wonderful blessings God has given us.