Monday, February 19, 2007

Menu Plan Monday - Presidents Day

Another week of planning meals! Yay! I thought by now this would be easier and I think I am just trying not to repeat too many meals, but I think its okay to rotate some family faves a few times a month, right? One thing is nice this week is since today being Presidents Day, we had our niece spend the night last night and we had pizza, so I have a whole menu ahead of me without pizza on it! WOW! Oh and the meatball stroganoff last week was a big hit! The kids gobbled it up. Always a good thing to find a recipe they will happily eat!

So here goes our week:
Monday: Chicken Enchilada Bake, Refried beans meal total $5.11, $1.02 per person
Tuesday: Pot Roast and Veggies $ 8.00 meal, $1.60 pp
Wednesday: Chili and cornbread $4.25 meal, $.84 pp
Thursday: Maybe beef and noodles if we have Roast Beef leftover- we usually do.
Friday: Boxed meal ( I know, gack) or leftovers $3.00 box meal
Saturday: Dinner out Mom and Dad AGAIN!! Kids get Fish sticks and mac & cheese $3.00
Sunday: Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, salad and bread sticks $10.10 meal, 2.02 pp

Okay kids are getting hungry, fighting over mousetrap game. Better go make them some blueberry pancakes. mmmmm.
For more menu plans, be sure to check out Laura's blog.
Have a blessed week everyone!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sounding week! My girls have Mousetrap ..... I can't stand that game, LOL!

Annie said...

Love chicken enchiladas, yum!
Have a great week.
blessings~
Annie

KC said...

Someone needs to give me a chicken enchiladas recipe, I love them but never made them before. You are so orgainized to take the time to figure out the cost per meal.. I don't think i would ever have the time to sit and figure that out..

la bellina mammina said...

seems yummy!! Have a wonderful week ahead!

Unknown said...

When I was a kid my mom would serve Fish Sticks and Mac/Cheese. It's definitely a kid favorite. Enjoy your nite out.

palmtreefanatic said...

mmmmm i want some blueberry pancakes too did u save me some?
great week of planning good job!

Amber said...

Hi! Thanks for swinging on by! ;)

I like your menu for the week, looks good. I think I'm gonna have to try to make chicken parmesan soon. I've never tried, but a lot of people put that up on their list each week and they're making me hungry for it! ;)

Have a great week!

Robin Green said...

Blueberry pancakes are a favorite around here==we save them for special occasions only though! Your menu sounds great!