Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


I had a bit of a rough time this past week and have found myself getting frustrated over little things with the kids, so I thought I would make a list to remind me why I am truly grateful to be given the best job ever!

Refresh myself just a bit!

Thirteen Things I love about being a mom.

1. I always wanted to be a mom. Couldn't wait until I had a family of my own!

2. I love how when the kids are not feeling well, only mommy can make them feel better

3. I love when I see those smiles of true happiness over something little I did - like make them their favorite dinner.

4. I love being able to stay home with them and give them that security that I am always here.

5. First smiles, first steps, first words. All major things in the life of a mommy.

6. First day of bringing a new baby home. Especially when I brought Ethan home, I knew my life would be better than ever. (I am tearing up even as I type that!)

7. Starting fun traditions with each child and knowing that something so little can mean the world to them.

8. Knowing that God has trusted me enough to bless me with 4 little angels to take care of for him. That is such a great honor!

9. To watch how Jason has went from being an adorable toddler (I joke that I fell in love with him, before his father;)to a handsome young man. He takes such pride in his sports and school work and it's awesome to see where he is heading.

10. I love to see how Ethan grows each day in his love of art and music, how he enjoys his mom helping at school and teaching in Awana. That he is growing into his own person, but still likes his mommy to be close and involved (yes, I am creating a mommas boy- so hard not to do :p )

11. For my independent little Elena. It is so refreshing to spend time with her. She is such a little grown up and although doesn't go full force into everything, she carefully selects what she does with her time. Her teachers say she is a joy to have in class and she truly is a joy to have in my life! She looks at life in such a sweet and loving way, I have to stop and look through her view sometimes and it makes life so much better!

12. My little Natalie. Even though she is approaching the terrible twos, even when she is being naughty, she is so subtle and sweet. She truly makes me laugh every day. In her expressions, in her tiniest amount of speech (she doesn't really talk) She is my sweetest little baby and most likely my last so she can stay this size forever if she likes!

13. There have been so many babies born lately, I love to remember each of the kids birth stories over and over. Amazing how you can remember every detail of those days. I could tell you everything I ate, what I was wearing, what the weather was like.Every detail. Those days stand still in time in my mind. Wonderful, truly wonderful I hope I never forget them :)

2 comments:

Carey said...

What a great list. I love being a mommy too. Its the best thing in the world! Have a great weekend.

palmtreefanatic said...

awww what a great post!
Have a great weekend!