Saturday, April 21, 2007

Rainbow Cookies

We were in the grocery store the other day walking past the bakery and we saw multi-colored cookies. Elena immediately wanted them. The girls were going to a babysitter the next day and Elena wanted to bring a treat to share. Now I am one of those people who rarely buys baked goods. I will attempt to make anything. so having no idea how I was gonna make these cookies multi-colored without the colors mixing together I set out on my mission. I couldn't find a specific recipe so I just used a drop sugar cookie one. Divided the batter in 4 parts and colored each part differently. grabbed a little dollop of each color and softly rolled them so they would stick. Baked them until just barely set. Perfect play-doh cookies! Elena kept going in the kitchen and staring at her treat to share. I was so happy that they turned out and although not yummy looking on my standards. The batch didn't last long here or at the sitters!

4 comments:

Carey said...

They are so cool! My kids would love to make(and eat)these. Thanks for sharing a very cool idea to make cookies different.

KC said...

WOW those are so cool, my kids would love them.. YOUR also WAY cooler then me because I would have just brought them at the store LOL.. ~sigh~ I'm lazy that way :) Might have to give these a try I'm sure Sweet Pea would love to help me make them.

Michelle P said...

What fun cookies! We are always looking for new things to cook that the kids can help with:)

palmtreefanatic said...

These look fun to make!
they do put me in mind of playdoh!
GREAT JOB on this baking tackle! Your the coolest mom ever!