Friday, July 20, 2007

A Mother's MEME

My friend KC had this meme on her blog and of course I love to share and read all about first pregnancy experiences. A topic I could talk to anyone about. So if you have a story you want to share, please do. You can head over to KC's blog and read hers too. Love this stuff!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, Just two weeks married!
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I freaked out. We weren't planning on having a baby until we were married about a year. I cried forever. My dh was happy though. I didn't want to tell anyone, he wanted to tell the world.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NEVER
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24 When I found out, 25 when I had the baby
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Before the wedding I was having skipped cycles and I scheduled an appt for after the wedding to deal with it. When I came in for my appt I was feeling nausea and achy bbs, so they took a test and it was +! I just stared at them, what???? And then it hit me. I was scared to death! We had just bought our house, hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas, got married on News Years Eve. The dr said all the stress going on in my life did an override on my bcp and Viola! Preggo!
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Bill was at home when I went to my appointment, so after I got myself to stop crying enough to drive home, I told him. He was so awesome about it, he was so excited. Then we told our parents. It was really fun telling everyone else one by one. I loved getting those reactions once the idea settled in.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Nope I wanted to be surprised
9. DUE DATE? September 2, 2000
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? None, this is my nostalgic pregnancy. No morning sickness, felt great mostly had just a little basketball.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Fresh fruit. Watermelon and Cantaloupe
12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I don't know that it was really irritating, but my grandma never had a girl and has pressured me all my life to name a girl Dawn Marie. I wasn't crazy about that name, but when she found out our girl name - Chloe Catherine- she was okay with it since Chloe was her mom's name. But for awhile, she was pretty persistent.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? BOY!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? In the beginning of the pg, I really wanted a girl, then I just felt like it was a boy and I wanted a boy first. Me being the oldest with a younger brother, I would rather have a boy first so he could kind of look after his little sis. So I was happy to have my little man :)
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 50
16. Did YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes 3 of them. one with my side of the family, one with Bills and one at work.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about the family/friend showers, the one at work was a surprise.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? NONE. Great Pregnancy
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? In the hospital in the next town.
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Confirmed labor about 6.5 hours. I had horrible back pain for about 24 hours prior to my water breaking and I was checked by my dr and he told me I wasn't in labor to go home.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My husband, Flying down the highway dodging in and out of cars while my contractions were 2 min apart. Oh it was a sight... One I never will forget.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?My husband was next to me. My Dad, Stepmom, mother-in-law and best friend were in the room, but behind a curtain.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I couldn't for most of it because my platelets were low. And I had back labor... Horrible!! But once I got my epidural, it was time to push so it really didn't kick in until right before he was born.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?? 8 lbs and 10 ounces
26. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? None
27. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? September 1, 2000 One day early.
28 WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Ethan and his middle name is a family name.
29. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? He will be Seven here soon. I cannot believe it!

2 comments:

KC said...

What a great story.. I loves these things also.. I had to stop myself from doing it for each one of my kids LOL. Reading yours reminded me of somthing I forgot to add in mine and I guess I should have. I was on BCP also when I got PG with Princess. my cycles were never normal and after I got married I went and saw the doctor and we talked about this.. he started me on the BCP to get me regular and 4 weeks before I found out I was PG I had an appt to talk about how I was doing on them.. At that point I told the doctor that DH and I was thinking we would like to try to start a family in Febuary 1996 he did an a full exam internal and pap and all that.. Then sat me down and told me he thought it would be highly unlikely for me to get PG and that I would have to see a fertility doctor and even then my chances were slim. 4 weeks after that I found out I was *8* weeks PG.. I left that doctor and never went back.. BUT when TTC Mr Man I found out I did need fertility drugs but that is a different story altogether which I'll have to post about sometime. :)

ALSO!!!!!!!!!! stop by my blog I have given you two blogging awards. :)

Carey said...

Wow, what a great birth story, Thanks for sharing.