Monday, July 30, 2007

Menu Plan Monday and a Movie Review too!

We had some yummy food this weekend. mmm mmm Bill made Fajitas last night and they were perfect! So this is our menu this week. hope you are all enjoying your summer. August starts this week- I cannot believe it!

Monday: Beef and Broccoli
Tuesday: Fried Chicken - MIL cooking, not sure what else she is planning
Wednesday: Ravioli Bake, salad
Thursday: Sausage, Beef rice and carrots - Ethan's fave meal
Friday: Chicken and Potato bake, mixed veggies
Saturday: Burgers on the grill, pasta salad, veggies and dip
Sunday: BBQ Ribs on the grill, corn on the cob

I have posted links to a couple recipes that are new ones. I pulled them from an older Kraft Food and Family book. Have a great week. Be sure to check out Laura's blog too!

Movie Review:
I just had to add this too. I watch movies more than I watch TV. But I have to honestly say, I haven't been affected by a movie, or gotten into one in awhile. This one I couldn't get out of my head after I watched it. Of course losing my mother at a young age, there is a scene where the daughters are asking mommy where daddy is that made me quite emotional... Anyways, Great movie. Kept me interested and wondering how all the pieces fit together. Highly recommend it. Although, I tried to get it at Blockbuster for like 3 weeks now. All 30 copies have been out. I finally got it on Blockbuster Online.

Here is the movie description:
Devastated upon receiving the news that her husband has been killed in a tragic car accident, a woman wakes up to find him still very much alive as she begins to slip into a confusing world where the past and the future become increasingly difficult to distinguish. Linda Hanson (Sandra Bullock) was an average housewife with a loving family, but when a policeman comes knocking on her door with news that her husband, Jim (Julian McMahon), was involved in a fatal car accident, Linda's world slowly begins to unravel. While her grief is at first overwhelming, Linda assumes that the whole thing was nothing more than a vivid dream when she wakes to find her family still very much intact. With each passing day, however, Linda's reality shifts and her circumstances grow increasingly surreal; one day Jim is dead and the next he is right there by her side. As her investigation leaves her convinced that her husband's death wasn't a dream and that her picture-perfect life may not have been quite as flawless as she thought, Linda embarks on a mind-bending journey to prevent her grim premonition from becoming a reality. Now, in order to save the man she loves, Linda will have to piece together a perplexing mystery that seems to span two separate planes of reality. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide

Running Time: 96 mins

7 comments:

Betsy said...

I have heard mixed reviews about this movie. I have been wanting to see it. I don't like when movies get to me like that!

Anonymous said...

I love your meal plan this week.

Candace said...

Your menu sounds terrific this week. Let us know how your new dishes turn out!

KC said...

the menu looks great as always.
the movie sounds interesting.. I'll have to try to watch it.. I dont remember the last time I rented a movie though I think it was while I was PG with little man.. WOW that has been awhile LOL. I remember wanting to see this one though so I might need to go rent a movie. :)

OHHHHHHHH and about the going to the high school sporting events with DH.. we do still do that.. DH nephews plays for NL still.. well not the older one anymore he is in college now but we still have a nephew who will be a senior this year there. Though I can't say i get all dressed up in crazy red and black.. but Princess does LOL.. she has alot of friends along with a cousin who goes there so when we go to the games she dresses up all crazy and hangs out with all of them.

Sandra said...

Great menu, everything looks wonderful.

Sandra

Liz and Joe said...

I wanted to see this movie since I'm in LOVE with Julian McMahon from Nip Tuck. I'm glad you liked it...now I'll make Joe watch it with me.

The Estrogen Files said...

Looks good this week! I'm trolling for next week's MPM.