Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday Musings

I love fall. It has always been my favorite time of year. It inspires me to do so many things. Esp baking!! Mmmm. Bring on the pumpkin :) One of the reasons I don't think I could ever move somewhere warm. I am a cool weather girl. This weekend was so beautiful. I had so many things I wanted to do , I wanted to take the family out to a cornmaze with friends, go to a pumpkin patch, just get out and enjoy the colors. But as usual, I had obstacles. Why is it when you there are things you truly want to do, someone ends up sick? That is the case ALWAYS in my house. This time it was the baby. I still am not feeling so great, but it is tolerable. Natalie had it bad too, in her chest, coughing, wheezing, neither of us slept Saturday night. But in the mist of all that all she wanted was her mommy:) she snuggled up to me like never before, just wanting to be held, just wanting me to take care of her. I love that part of the job.(never love for her to be sick though) There are soo many days, esp. lately that I have broke down and just wanted my mommy!!! So to know I can be there for her, is all I need to keep me going.

So my things to be happy about today.....
1. My little Natalie besides being sick has become a love bug! She showers everyone with kisses, esp. her sissy! I swear she gives her 20+ kisses a day. She sticks out her bottom lip and goes mmmmmm. It is so cute! Plus she does this kind of pull you in thing. She will walk up to you put her arm around your neck and pull you close, and give a little squeeze. She has started saying momma. So she will come in, pull me close, say ahh momma and give me a smootch! You know she is starting to understand this whole love thing and it's GREAT!!

2. Happy to have medicine. I usually am one who doesn't like to take pills. But with my head spinning (literally) and being plugged up, I can't even explain the goofy things going on. After 3 days of being on my antibiotics I am starting to feel normal again!! YEA!!!

3. FALL. There are so many things I love about fall. One of my favorites is my trees in my yard. They change the most gorgeous shades of orange, yellow and red and completely blanket my yard! When we first bought the house we were moving in Halloween weekend and I remember taking breaks and coming out onto my side porch and watching it just rain leaves. It was beautiful!!

We'll try to get some fun fall things in this week(which of course I will put on my family blog) although they are calling for snow by Friday. SNOW????

No comments: