Monday, March 10, 2008

Meal Plan Monday

Being snowed in is just no fun. I mean it is for a day or so, but on a day like today, when I have been cooped up for days - I JUST GOTTA GET OUT! - You know what I mean. I'm getting a little stir crazy. It doesn't help when everyone has been sick, so between snow days and sick days we haven't had a full week of school this whole year (2008). Have my 1st grader home today possibly with strep throat and waiting for the Dr's office to call. I am hoping I can beg them to just call in a Rx for us. I don't feel like taking everyone out and waiting in a Dr's office. .
One thing that is nice about being stuck inside is it gave me a chance to go through old magazines and get rid of them and find some new recipe's! So this week I am taking our menu from Simple & Delicious magazine. Trying new things, we'll see how they go over.

Monday: Chicken Tortilla Bake, corn muffins
Tuesday: Ham N' Cheese Pasta, Rolls
Wednesday: Vegetarian White Bean Soup, Bread sticks
Thursday: Chicken over Curly Noodles, Broccoli
Friday: Homemade Stuffed crust pizza
Saturday: Birthday Party- eating there
Sunday: Annual Saint Patty's dinner w/ Family. Corned beef, Reuben Casserole, Shamrock shaped butter cookies, Grasshopper cheesecake and whatever other goodies the family brings!

Well I tried to link more recipes, but I don't subscribe to Simple & Delicious, my mil does, so if you want any recipes, just e-mail me. If any are really good, I will post it next week. Happy Eating! Oh! Don't forget to check out Laura's blog for more menu ideas.

2 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

mmm, ham and pasta sounds good to me!
looks like a tasty week! I too have been needing to go through recipes!

The Edwards said...

MMM, got any room for us on Sunday that looks great!