Thursday, August 02, 2007

I love the word FREE!

I have to say I am a little excited today. One of the local grocery stores Giant Eagle has a reward points program. You know, spend $50 and save .20 off your gas? Well I happen to own a gas hog car so I take advantage when I can. Now I realize that I technically have had to make purchases to receive the discounts, but believe me I don't shop there for everything. Only what is on sale OR what I have a coupon for.(Double coupons up to .99!)
So I have been patiently saving my points up and trying to cut back on out of town or even across town trips so I wouldn't need to fill up the tank. Last night I ran in to grab a few items and guess what? I did it!! I get a free tank of gas! Whoo-Hoo!
I just had to share that because I do love getting good deals and free is as good as it gets!

4 comments:

Stayllo said...

Congratulations!! I'm patiently waiting for mine.

Gretchen said...

Congrats! Nothing better than free gas! :)

palmtreefanatic said...

well just to maybe make your day brighter...
you can purchase misc gift cards for other stores and this will save you on gas as well! so if you need to do big shopping sprees at sears etc get your gift cards there...I have not personally taken advantage of this but my parents did when they had to buy a microwave...I come from THRIFTY stock;) Just ask me...hehe
enjoy the free gas!

KC said...

congrats..
I think FREE is a great deal :)