Thursday, August 23, 2007

Preschool thoughts

I've just made a new decision and I am so excited about it. With school fast approaching, Bill and I were talking the other night about Elena going back into pre-school this year and miss Natalie was sitting with us. She is on a "I too" kick. She is funny. Anyways, when I said Elena was going back to school, Natalie pipes in with her "I too" I tell her nope she won't go to preschool until next year when she is three and maybe I will wait longer to send my baby. Then a thought occurs to me..

I've always had it in my head that my kids were perfectly staggered and I would spend 6 straight years at preschool and I realized... I don't have to send Natalie to preschool for 2 years. I can wait until she is 4 to send her. Elena will be in kindergarten next year and I would have more time one on one with the baby. I can work with her on her colors, shapes, numbers etc. I am not as concerned with the socialization aspect that I was with the other kids especially with Ethan who never was around any little kids. Natalie always has kids around, plus she'll be going to MOPS. I was getting a little sad thinking I only had one year left with my baby. Now I just gained another! Whoo-hoo!

Oh yea, plus saving tuition for pre-school for a year- Another Bonus!!

1 comment:

KC said...

glad you get that extra year.
I had a break between The time Princess finished preschool and Mr Man started but this is my 1st year since Mr Man started preschool that I don't have to write a check to the preschool. Not sure yet what I plan on doing with Little Man yet